52 Week Goal Challenge
"True enjoyment comes from activity of the mind and exercise of the body; the two are ever united."
- Wilhelm Von Humboldt
1. To complete this week’s challenge you must do at least 30 minutes of walking/jogging/running every day.
2. When we think of exercise such as walking, running, weight lift, Wii sports, etc. etc. we typically think of all the physical benefits. Things like weight loss, strengthening your muscle and bones, an increase of energy levels, reducing risk of chronic diseases, and it can even help you sleep better.
3. Daily physical exercise obviously has huge physical benefits but we don’t typically think of the huge mental benefits physical exercise has as well. Physical exercise reduces stress, it can improve your mood because your body releases chemicals such as dopamine which is commonly known as the happy hormone. These endorphins also help strengthen your immune system and prevent you from getting sick.
4. Also, the rush of these chemicals can help you feel relaxed and more confident. With the increased blood flow, it allows you to think more clearly and have better reflexes. There are so many health benefits it’s insane!
5. This week when the sweat is pouring down your face and you feel like you are doing more harm than good just remember that your body and your mind are going to thank you for it.
Thank you for reading and good luck!